Friday, May 28, 2010

Schooltime Mentality- the evil first stage of summer vacation.

I noticed that ever since I started high school, my summer vacation has taken on this general pattern:

1. It doesn't feel like summer, and I feel like I always have more work to do, even though I really don't. For the first couple days it seems as if any work is a lot of work. I want to relax, but can't, and I'm constantly attached.

2. I finally figure out how to relax, and it the rest of the summer ranges from:
    a) Actually planning out something to do so I can use the summer to have fun.
    b) Realizing there's nothing to do. Get really bored. Spend way too long on the computer and get a   headache from it.

Personally, I think the best way to spend summer is planning out a bunch of fun things to do. Sure, you'll be busy, but you'll be busing having fun. Unfortunately, my family is perfectly content to stay at home and do hardly anything all summer. I have no idea how they do it. I can handle it for maybe three days. Then I start getting really restless. They can go the whole summer, watching movies at home, playing on the computer, and occasionally using the grill on the patio, or going for a motorcycle ride. THE WHOLE SUMMER. And they would be perfectly content doing just that. We might take a couple days to visit family. Or we might spend a day at Adventureland.
One thing I do like is that we always go to the Iowa State Fair. I suppose its not the most exciting thing. But among the traditional things the fair has, it has different and new things.
I think I'm also kind of attached to the state fair cuz of the movie "Iowa State Fair" (yeah, they have a movie). I used to LOVE that movie as a kid, and I still like it. Its an old movie, but its good. An old romantic comedy, if you will.
But yeah, other than a day at the state fair, and visiting family, maybe a day at Adventureland, I'm kinda on my own when it comes to planning out the summer.

Right now, I'm in the stage where I don't want to do anything, but I feel like I have to have work to do.
I guess I should be using this time to plan out my grad party. But that strangely feels like too much work, even though its not.
I hate stage 1 of summer vacation.
O~O  <---(that's my version of :s btw)

No comments:

Post a Comment